Coconut and its usage have become very popular around the world. The whole part of the coconut do not go wasted without having an impact on the human life, the coconut oil being the most beneficial. Research has found the coconut oil extracted from the coconut meat to be of immense health benefit to the skin, hair, digestive processes and defense against infectious agents. Research also has found coconut oil to have healthy fats called medim chain fatty acids, these fats are easily digestible and so provides quick energy.
10 Health Benefits of coconut oil.
1. Helps fight infections: Lauric acid found in coconut oil has antimicrobial and antiviral properties.its antibacterial and antifungal effects also help fight bacteria, fungi, and viruses that affect human body ranging from herpes simplex virus, ringworm, candida, fight infections, athlete foot and many others.one tablespoon of coconut oil 3 times fight infections.
2. Easily Digested: Unlike other fatty acids that go through a lot of processes before digestion, coconut oil is easily digested and absorbed, giving you quick energy, and preventing fat storage and promoting absorption of other vitamins and minerals.
3. Weightloss: Eating coconut oil helps increase the rate at which you expend energy(fat burning).studies confirm that when humans substitute the fat they eat with medium chain fatty acids (found in coconut oil) they burn more calories.it also helps in reducing appetite making you eat less thereby encouraging weight loss. 2 table spoons of coconut oil a day is just enough to blast the calories.
4. Improves Brain Activity: Regular use of coconut oil has shown to be effective. Coconut oil serves as an alternative source of energy for the brain preventing brain atrophy. According to a study published in the journal of the neurobiology of aging, it found that the administration of medium chain triglycerides(found in coconut)improves cognitive function in older adults with memory disorders.
5. Heart Friendly: It helps increase the good cholesterol in your body and by this, it helps lower the risk of heart and blood vessel diseases.
6. Prevents Liver Disease: As coconut oil is easily converted to energy by the liver, it relieves it of so much workload thus preventing accumulation of fat that could lead to liver disease.
7. Improves Skin Health: Consistent use of coconut oil leaves your skin smoothe and glowing, it prevents aging by gradually clearing dark sports and flaky skin, its prevents and treat skin diseases like eczema, ringworm, psoriasis. Coconut oil can be applied directly on the skin which absorbs it quickly.
8. Improves Hair Growth: It leaves your hair shiny and lustrous. If used consistently, it relieves itchy scalp, a good remedy for dandruff, Coconut oil repairs damaged hair caused by excessive use of chemicals. It is a good natural product option for quality hair growth. Regular massaging of your scalp with coconut oil will give you a healthy scalp as this is essential for hair growth.
9. Cancer Prevention and Treatment: According to draxe.com the ketones produced in the digestion of coconut oil prevents tumor cells from accessing energy because cancer cells are glucose dependent, it is believed that a ketogenic diet could be a possible component of helping cancer patients. Cancer cells are known to replicate without caution so replacing your energy source with ketones will help reduce the cells activity.
10. Quick Energy Source Before Workout: Coconut oil can be taken before routing workout to give you the required energy for your workout. A tablespoon of coconut oil in a cup of warm water leaves you with energy for your daily exercises.
Do you know other uses of coconut oil? You can leave a comment.