Having back pain in pregnancy? Several factors could be responsible ranging from hormones, posture to weight gain. It’s common to feel pain in your lower back during pregnancy, you can also feel pain in your hip joint, upper back, wrist. As your belly grows bigger your muscles strain to carry the extra weight so pain comes knocking.The Hormone Relaxin is not also left out, it’s released during pregnancy to help the body prepare for child birth, but Relaxin also makes the ligaments loose making you more prone to joint injuries, even in your back.
The Hormone Relaxin is not also left out, it’s released during pregnancy to help the body prepare for child birth, but Relaxin also makes the ligaments loose making you more prone to joint injuries, even in your back.
Here are tips that can help Relieve Back Pain in Pregnancy
- Try to avoid lifting heavy things, lifting heavy things can put a strain on your back muscles. If you must lift then lift the proper way. If you have to lift or pick something don’t bend at your waist instead with your back straight bend at your knee, squat and lift putting your weight on your legs and not bending your back
- Make sure you use Ergonomic furniture, the chair you sit should have a support for your back, if not use a pillow to support and always sit straight don’t slouch.
- Do not sit for too long as well as stand for too long, take breaks and move around
- Try to maintain a normal posture, don’t allow your protruding tummy make you move it forward the more.
- Use a warm water bottle to ease the pain or a warm towel by placing at your lower back or the point where you feel pain
- Don’t sleep on a soft mattress use a firm mattress instead
- Safe pregnancy exercises can help relieve pain, you can also see staying-healthy-during-pregnancy, I will put up a post shortly on safe pregnancy exercises.
- Get gentle pregnancy massage from a licensed practitioner
- Lie on your side supported with a pillow on your slightly bent knee and under your belly
Always remember to consult your Doctor or Physiotherapist before starting any exercise program.
Hope this helped. Like and Share with a friend