A freshly squeezed lemon in a glass of warm water is a very good way to start your day. It paves way for the digestion process to start with ease. Its nutritious components benefit the inside out of individuals even extends to helping with weight loss goals. Packed with vitamin c, lemon water is a sure way to boost your immunity. Below are the health benefits of taking lemon water.
- A good way to hydrate the body: Your tissues would have been dehydrated by the time you wake up. Lemon in warm water is a good way to hydrate your tissues and prepare your body for the day’s digestion process.
- Aid Digestion: Lemon water aids digestion, helping with the production of digestive juice which assists in the breakdown of food. It relieves problems of indigestion such as bloating, constipation.
- Supports weight loss: A good way to start your day achieving your weightloss goal, lemon water seals your appetite, makes you feel full, so you don’t get hungry too quickly.
- Helps prevent kidney stones: The acid (Citric) found in lemon may help reduce calcium kidney stones according to org, the more citrate in your urine the more protected you are against forming calcium kidney stones.
- Helps rejuvenate skin: Vitamin C found in lemon helps the skin’s structure and elasticity, replacing dead skin cells as a result of its role in collagen synthesis. According to Micro Nutrient Information Center of the Oregon State University – the antioxidant activity of vitamin C protects against UV-induced damage caused by free radicals. Vitamin C helps in wound healing, fades away wrinkles.
- Used as a facial cleanser: Cut a whole lemon into two halves, use a part to scrub your face for a few minutes, allow for 20 minutes, rinse with warm water. Clears dark spot, gives face a wonderful glow, remove wrinkles while aiding in the removal of dead skin cells.
- Fights respiratory infections: Its anti-bacterial and anti- inflammatory properties assist in relieving common colds, flu’s, relieving and preventing asthma attacks.
How to make lemon water
- Glass cup
Wash a fresh lemon, cut and squeeze its content into a glass of warm water, remove seeds. Your lemon water is ready.
An important fact to note is Lemon juice contains acid which irritates your gums and tooth enamel putting you at risk for tooth erosion. So it is advised to take your lemon water using a straw then rinse your mouth with water after drinking.
Do you have a cold or you know someone who has? Lemon water may be all you need to get relief.
Remember to like and share this post you may never know who will benefit from it.