Asthma causes difficulty in breathing. This lung disease is characterized by sensitivity to the airways which leads to inflammation and subsequent muscle tightening which leads to narrowing of the airways, as a result, fewer air flows to the lungs.
Symptoms include wheezing, chest tightness, cough, difficulty in breathing. Medical treatment can provide relief, Lifestyle adjustment, identifying triggers and Also, some simple home remedies can relieve your symptoms.
- Ginger : it’s anti-inflammatory properties helps to relax the muscle in the airways , ginger is an immune booster. You can put some slice of ginger in a glass of warm water allow to sit for 15min, remove the ginger and add a tablespoon of honey to it and drink. Alternatively you can grind the ginger to a smooth paste, sieve and extract the liquid making a glass of ginger water, add a tablespoon of honey and lemon then you drink twice daily until you get relief.
- Clove: popularly known as kananfuru in hausa language, is an excellent remedy to reliev asthma symptoms. Take 5-6 cloves, boil in a glass of water, sieve then you add a tablespoon of honey and drink.
- Eucalyptus oil: You can steam with eucalyptus oil, put a few drops into a cup of hot water and inhale the steam. It goes a long way to soothe the air passages helping you breath better.
- Onions: The well known onions does more than just a culinary delight. It contains anti-inflammatory properties, qeucertin found In onions is anti-histamine and helps ease allergic reactions. A glass of onion juice daily can have a life changing effect In your health.
- Honey: Natures natural sweetner does more than being a sweetner, The amazing health benefits of honey cannot be overemphasized. Honey soothes the respiratory tract, it’s a remedy for cough and helps relieve asthmatic symptoms. Mix a table spoon of honey in a glass of warm water add ginger, take twice daily.
- Lemon: Rich in Vit C, lemon is a wonderful remedy for asthma. In half glass of warm water make a syrup by squeezing a whole lemon, add a tablespoon of honey. Drink three times daily for relieve. see- benefits of Lemon Water
Remember to like and share with a friend.